• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE???? w/ 3.5 and shackles

97babyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i have 3.5 inch springs installed, and plan on putting in 1.5 inch lift shackles in as well. i have a dana 44 and wondering if ill need shims or if the shakles will angle the rear enough for the sye and cv shaft?

I needed my SYE at 3.5, but I see you have a 97 so I am not sure how yours will react. If I had to guess, I would say yes, you will need it.

My setup is perfect with a PORC SYE, front DS in the rear, RE 3.5" springs, and a 1.5" shackle on my '89 with the D44 and no shims at all.

damn the front shaft is long enough?? i have one that i was gonna use with it but thought it wasnt long enough? hmm that could mean i dont have to spend another 250 on a shaft, sweeet

I have had no problems using the front shaft on the D44. Make sure it's the front shaft from an auto equipped XJ/MJ, it is a bit longer than the manual version. The D35 snout is too short for the front ds to work safely.

I was VERY happy that it worked out for me. The bonus is that I now have to cary only 1 driveshaft for a spare.

Back