• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unknown Part Found In Bumper

usna61

NAXJA Forum User
Took off my front bumper end caps today, and the front fender linings as well. Upon doing so, inside the bumper on the passenger side, I discovered a part which I have no clue what it is/ what it does. Since I can't post pics yet, I will try to explain it.

Essentially it is a plastic ball (black) about the size of a softball, with a plastic triangular brace on each side with a place to screw it down inside the bumper. It's located near the passenger side horn.

BTW, I drive a 2001 XJ Sport, stock at the moment, as I'm working to save money for all the goodies to add, as well as work on my 1951 Dodge M37.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:D

It holds vacuum and is needed for it to run correctly/your heater controls to work.

Vacuum reservoir. Needed for cruise and dash vents. Plenty of here on it. Try the search function.

The later models are spherical, the earlier ones are pill-shaped. I think they made the change somewhere between '98 and '00.

Back