• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing OEM pinstriping

SonicCougar99

NAXJA Forum User
I like the pinstriping and Limited graphic on the side of my 89 XJ, but its faded out a bit over time. I would like to remove whats on there but replace it with new gold pinstriping and graphics so it looks good again. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I could get that? Is it available from a dealership? Thanks in advance, I really want to get my new XJ looking really nice.

One of the things you must do first is remove the old pinstriping. That has been a challenge for me and I wanted to save the paint underheath. Any good suggestions as far as the removal goes?

Try a heat gun, and stripe/graphic adhesive remover. Be very careful with the heat gun, so as not to burn the paint. I believe that 3M has a glue remover, or use a bug and tar remover. We had to do this a few years ago, my son's '95 was a park police vehicle from somewhere in Jersey. Plenty of reflective stripes, words etc. Pinstripes shouldn't be too tough.

Back