• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front axle direct swap ???

From what I hear, its a direct swap.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BUMMER !! IS THAT IT ???? THANKS:sad1:
Sad as it is, the only vehicles with our suspension setup are the Cherokee, TJ wrangler, and the ZJ Grand.
As far as upgrades: depends what you start with.
The early Cherokees came with small (-260) u-joints, and 2 piece axle shafts.
if that's what you got:
Later Cherokees(96 up? I think) , and full time 4wd with antilock brakes have bigger U-joints and 1-piece shafts(aintlock - bigger joints, full time 4wd - 1-piece shaft)
The Wrangler Rubicons have the LP -44 with a locker.
All the Cheros. up to '99 had HP gearsets, in '00 they started using LP units.
The Grand Cherokees have better brakes(dual piston calipers) and a higher steering setup.

So as far as "bolt on" upgrade, probably the best setup is either a 96-99 Cherokee axle or a Rubicon axle.(Note, the Rubicon is 4.10 geared, only option available, with the chero axle, you stand a better chance of matching you rear gear set)
A further upgrade would be the Grand Cherokee knuckle/brake assy. swapped onto either axle.(that's not quite a bolt on.)

I think the '96 is as strong as you're going to get with stock parts on a D-30. Looks like the Rubi is the next step for you. So much for cheap! (sorry,..)

Back