• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Carrier

Dazz

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I purchased a new empty carrier for the 4.56 R&P gears. As I attempt to compare the new vs. old carrier, the old carrier has a cross shaft with two C-clip instead of the roll pin. My question is what type of carrier do I have and how would I go about installing the new gears with the new carrier? :confused:
I'm guessing I may have to purchase a new cross shaft and roll pin?

I'll be installing a locker shortly after I figure this out, so I won't need the spider gears.

New carrier is on the left and Old is on the right
1887P1010412.JPG

1887P1010419.JPG

New
1887p1010415.JPG

Old
1887p1010424.JPG

OOppss!!!!Thats a trac-loc carrier,you wont be able to swap out the side/spider gears!

Yeah its the factory trac-loc. So to run my new 4.56, I'll need new cross shaft and roll pins with a lunch box locker?

THX!

The roll pin should have come with the carrier(check the box).A lot of the lockers come with a special hardened cross pin!Why didnt you just purchase a Detroit?

RCP Phx said:
The roll pin should have come with the carrier(check the box).A lot of the lockers come with a special hardened cross pin!Why didnt you just purchase a Detroit?
I ask myself the same question tonight trying to install this. :eek:
I quess I was trying to save a few bucks, but it appears that I'll return this carrier and lay down some extra cash for the Detroit tomorrow.

Back