• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick coil spacer question

jeepnuts311

NAXJA Forum User
hey all,

when a coil spacer is advertised as 2" lift, is this based off of removing the stock isolator and replacing it with the coil spacer? or stacking them to get 2"?

RE is usually pretty specific with their descriptions but this one makes it seem like its 2" with just the spacer and more with the isolater stacked.

rubicon express website said:
Coil spring spacers are a great way to add a little extra lift to any coil spring. Easy to install and do not compromise coil performance in any way. Spacers cannot come out of place while offroading. They are also a perfect way to compensate for extra weight. Replace old isolators with new ones or stack them for added lift.

-Tim

You can leave your stock coil spring isolators, in addition to the RE spacers. What they are saying, is you can use even more stock isolators on top of the one already there, and the RE ones. The stock ones are about 5/8" IIRC. Leave the stock isolator in there, and you will get around 2" of lift with the RE spacer. If you take it out(the stock isolator), you will loose height.

I think it's 2"s without isolator. I've never actually measured a spacer but my 2" spacer gave 2"s without the isolator as my XJ already had the isolator removed.

Edit: I didnt read your whole post so pretty much ignore what I said and listen to 12GAXJ's post.
:D

The RE spacer is 2". The stock isolator is roughly 5/8". Add the RE 2" spacer to the Stock isolator, to gain the 2" of desiered lift. If you take out the Stock Isolator, you will be gaining roughtly 1 3/8" or so. Leave the stock isolator in.

Back