• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

235/75/15

gm tech

NAXJA Forum User
are 235/75/15 to small for minimal wheeling? like on stock trails
im thinking of gettin bfg mud km2's for my 99 stock xj it already has 235/75/15 michilen ltx's on it and there brand new i dont really want to get a lift maybe the shackle and spacer lift if i had to with 30's i dont plan on doin much if any wheeling just snow wheelin in the winter alot

It will do fine with that size. I ran 235s for a long time at stock height, and for a while with 3". You can do 30s without lifting, but the 235s give you more room to move.
This is me 8 years ago, not sure if it was lifted at this time or not.
2001447.jpg

The BFG tires are 29.5 inches, half inch shorter than the 30's. Nobody will even notice except you'll have an extra $100 or so in your wallet vs the 30's.

235's are fine for moderate wheeling so with what you want to do you will be just fine!

Thats all i've got and Its been through some stuff. Just have the strap ready! :D

235's are fine for moderate wheeling so with what you want to do you will be just fine!

Thats all i've got and Its been through some stuff. Just have the strap ready! :D

MY son's TJ had a 6" lift and LT235 AT/KO's, that rig flexed like crazy, never bottomed out or dragged anything across rocks and went places 4" lift with 33's wouldn't. He was quite pleased with himself. The only reason it had the 235's was because he ran out of money for 33's :D :D :D

MY son's TJ had a 6" lift and LT235 AT/KO's, that rig flexed like crazy, never bottomed out or dragged anything across rocks and went places 4" lift with 33's wouldn't. He was quite pleased with himself. The only reason it had the 235's was because he ran out of money for 33's :D :D :D

haha that sounds like me at the moment. i have an RE 4.5" kit and 235's and i dont have a problem doing some pretty good trails. no trimming and great flex.

Back