• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can i build rear spring pack with extra stock springs.

jeepnleo

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone taken the leaves from a stock xj and added them to the leaves from an extra set of xj springs in order to build a lift.

Will this work? Will this lift?
What would be needed?

look at the bottom of this page, there is a section that says "Similar Threads" that should help you out some.

Taking something stock height, and adding another thing stock height, will not give you much of a lift.

i am running 2 stock packs put together minus the shortest ones plus a 1.5 inch shackel. it sits at roughly 4.5 inches and rides nice

X2

I have 2 full sets put together minus the shortest leafs and I really like it. It doesn't give much lift, but it does stiffen the pack up a bit. I have shackle relocation brackets (for approx 0.75" lift) and 1.25" shackles and 0.5" UBE's to get a total of 4.5"

I like it a lot so far. I have full length leaf liners between the leafs so it's a nice quiet ride with a decent spring rate. Since the pack is a bit flatter then most aftermarket packs, I find it flexes really nicely too compared to my old RE 3.5" packs.

I used a extra main leaf and a TeraFlex 1.5 shackle on my DD and got around 3".

Not a great pic but here is how it sits.This is a street Jeep only so I just wanted it to look a little prouder than the saggy stock springs. It rides great.

P1010743.jpg

I have an extra stock leaf in my pack, along with an AAL. I don't think the stock leaf changed it much, but I didn't measure, and I was just trying to make it stiffer cuz I had to pull something.

Back