• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

clayton 6.5 long arm vs RE6300?

trgft83

NAXJA Forum User
how do you compare Clayton 6.5in long arm kit to Rubicon Express RE6300 long arm kit?

Clayton $2209
RE6300 $ 2049 (free SYE and driveshaft)

Clayton does not have the big crossmember pan

what would you pick and why?

thanks in advance!!

I considered both of those kits, went with the Clayton's. I haven't heard any "bad" things about either, but I was told that the RE kit can interfere with some rock slider mounts. I will say that the Rock Krawler rear leafs that used to come with the Clayton's kit are garbage, mine turned from "U"s to "W"s in just one year. I have been told that Clayton's no longer uses the RK leaf packs, which is a good thing.

The price diffrence is negliegable, IMO. Do a search here on both kits, you'll find tons of opinions.

the RE kit no longer interferes with rock slider mounts, both AJ's and JCR (top rock sliders) have made adjustments to their designs and they now work with most long arm kits, you just have to tell them which one you have and they will fab them up for you at no extra charge... just a FYI

how do you compare Clayton 6.5in long arm kit to Rubicon Express RE6300 long arm kit?

Clayton $2209
RE6300 $ 2049 (free SYE and driveshaft)

Clayton does not have the big crossmember pan

what would you pick and why?

thanks in advance!!

I dident know that you get a free SYE and driveshaft when you order Rubicon express. When they start doing that?

Also another thing to consider, Clayton is a 6.5" lift, RE is on a 5.5" lift.

RE does not goive a free SYE and driveshaft, someone just is packageing it that way and the price reflects it

Love my clayton kit, no issues with the rear springs yet, mine is about 9 months old.

Customer service is 100% top notch. I have heard good things about both kits though. I was told by some trustworthy friends who have had both to go with the Clayton, so thats what I did.

~James

Back