• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper issue (no delay)

G_Pcountry

NAXJA Forum User
Hello everyone.

I have a 93 XJ with 220k on the clock. When I put the wipers into the delay position they come on and run as if they are on the low setting. Sometimes the delay will work but that is usually once a month. I'm thinking that the switch is bad? Perhaps I could take it apart and clean it? Also when I took out the motor/linkage assembly to check for problems in there I found that all of the ball joints on the linkage assembly are VERY loose. This seems to be the casue of my wiper chatter and may be the reason that the wipers come down and smack into the lower windshield trim to the point of wearing a hole clean through it.

I have had no luck in finding a switch in any local junkyards and im sure the dealer wants several hundred for it. (the one for my 95 grand am was 300 at the dealer. luckily the JY had it for 20 bucks)

If anyone has any insight as to any cheap fixes I would be greatly appreciated.

Back