• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

February Ride

Carpenter

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, the January ride crapped out on us so let's get the ball rolling for Feb. and not procrastinate. Since a few are going to Winterfest how about we plan on the third of fourth weekend in Feb.? I went to Windrock last weekend and I really think you guys would like it there. There are literaly dozens and dozens of trails and new ones are added monthly, beautiful scenery too. Summertown is still an option that I think this group would enjoy. I think Heather wants to save Gardendale until March so we'll save that one. Anyone have any other suggestions? How about we nail something down by the end of January so we can get a good turn out?

ps, we're still riding this weekend if anyone wants to brave the snow. Lockers and winch are now mandatory though.

Are we still meeting at the same place and tiime? As long as the roads stay open, I'll be there. Do we know how many are definate show-ups. Or has everybody given up? Where is Windrock by the way?

As far as the ride this weekend goes I'm the only one that I know of that is showing up from NAXJA or in a Cherokee period. That's why I wanted to get the ball rolling for next month. A few of us are still riding but the conditions should be pretty hairy. Two lockers are mandatory now. My Jeep is full this weekend so unless you're Jeep is put back together you will have to ride with Dan and his Jeep has no top, no windshield, and no heat. Windrock is in Oliver Springs, TN near Oak Ridge.

Hey, where did everybody gooooo???? Just trying to find out why nobody has posted in the last few days.

[quote:e99bc27634="2badxj's"]Hey, where did everybody gooooo???? Just trying to find out why nobody has posted in the last few days.[/quote:e99bc27634]

There have been alot of people veiwing, just noone posting. Interest in the SE NAXJA thing seems to come and go. At least that's how I've viewed it over the past few years. That said we had a good time last weekend. Only one other XJ showed up though. We had six rigs total and we moved pretty quick, real quick coming down a snow covered Brenda's Hill! Everyone got at least one dent sliding all over the snow/ice/mud covered trial. We also lost one bead and had one VERY near rollover. Other than that we had a very fun ride despite the low turn out and very cold temperatures. Anyway, here are the only pictures to come out of the trip.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/48FD665E3D81220

[img:e99bc27634]http://www.fototime.com/9446F44E05F98CD/standard.jpg[/img:e99bc27634]

Wes,
I see my nice slide into a ditch before I even get to the trail picture is making the rounds. :oops:

I made it back to chattanooga without problem after we pulled my tie rod. Time for some replacements I think. It was a great ride and the Jeep did well on its trial run. Found the weak spots though

I was impressed how little body damage you managed to get . . . I am pretty beat up, of course I wasn't realy trying to avoid it either as my jeep isn't pretty

Brent

It's set up! We will be riding at Summertown on Feb. 22nd for all those who wanna come! :D

[quote:028ac4d6bc="roXJeepr"]We won't need 5 lockers, 2 winches and 38's will we?? If not, I may be there.[/quote:028ac4d6bc]

Is that supposed to be aimed at me since the ride I tried to get together in Monteagle was aimed at the more built rigs? I was only trying to make sure noone showed up under-equipped and got into something they would regret or couldn't handle. I've been in that position and I didn't want anyone getting into trouble on a trail like Stagecoach. I would have much rather turned someone away then say "sure come on" and have them destroy thier rig trying to run a trial they shouldn't be on. I also tried to make it clear that we could accomodate anyone who wanted to ride. Maybe my posts weren't clear or my tone was mistaken but I'll ride with anyone any time and on any trail. I just try to make sure it's going to be fun for everyone. If I'm reading too much into this then I appologize, I sincerely do but it seems you are directing that comment at the last ride and that means me. Again, if I'm way off then I appologize.

[quote:4fce0e4656="Carpenter"][quote:4fce0e4656="roXJeepr"]We won't need 5 lockers, 2 winches and 38's will we?? If not, I may be there.[/quote:4fce0e4656]

Is that supposed to be aimed at me since the ride I tried to get together in Monteagle was aimed at the more built rigs?[/quote:4fce0e4656]

It was aimed (in a half-serious smart-ass way) at whoever said if you don't have a built rig you can ride with the yuppies in the Rover group. Damn man, that's like a bullet in a Jeepers heart!! Let's see...ride with the yuppies or beat the livin hell outta my Jeep?? I really don't think another dent is gonna hurt it none. It was good that info was offered about what kind of stuff to expect on that trail, but whoever threw me the box of crayons and told me to sit down and color was in the wrong. It should have gone something like this..."If you go into Stagecoach with no locker(s) or winch you can expect to die there. Use your own discretion". Yeah, now I can dig that. I can use good judgement or die by stupidity, but no feelings hurt. I really hope I'm not blowing this outta proportion, just wanted you (or whomever it was that said the Rover thing) to know where I'm coming from. 8)

Alright boys play nice...LOL I can't wait to wheel...

We need a head count for Summertown also like to know when you will be arriving.

I will most likly come up Fri night...

I'll be there early Sat. morning. I will get in touch with Chuck and Greddy here in Nashville and see if they will come and play with us, I haven't seen those guys in forever. If the weather is nice I might come a day early and camp, who knows, as of now I'll be there Sat. morning though.

I'll probably be there Saturday morning,and stay at a motel Saturday night. Where are we gonna be meeting? Heather,are ya'll gonna bring my tire? Hope so. I'm about to go out and buy 2 more new ones this weekend,then all I need is one more and it'll be TSL's for Tellico!! :D WOO-HOO!!

Heather, did you guys ever get all the bugs out of the coil suspension on the rear of the red XJ? I forgot all about that until today, which XJ will you guys be in this trip? See you there.

Wes

wes, is this place worth me loading up and driving for hours? I don't mind running a tame trail or two,but if I'm going to drive the far I need to grip the seat with my butt a time or two also.Anyone know how far from greensboro,NC it is?

[quote:00643f1cb5="bigwood"]wes, is this place worth me loading up and driving for hours? I don't mind running a tame trail or two,but if I'm going to drive the far I need to grip the seat with my butt a time or two also.Anyone know how far from greensboro,NC it is?[/quote:00643f1cb5]

There are a few good spots in Summertown to get your blood pumping. It's no Tellico or Monteagle though. Check out www.wheelininthecountry.com for a few pictures of the area. I don't know that I would come that far unless you're just looking for a change of scenery. If you do come down you're welcome to stay with me or Dan, we could take you out on the town in the Music City. If you would rather ride something a little tougher a little sooner, Dan and I are headed to Windrock (Oak Ridge, TN) next weekend (Feb. 8th) to hit up Rattlerock. Trust me, you would love that trail, boulders the size of easy boys as far as the eye can see straight up the side of a mountain. It's nothing steep or anything but it's the most technical trail I have ever seen in person. It kind of looks like some of the pictures I've seen of Johnson Valley but with trees. Check out www.rattlerock.com for some pictures of that trail.

Back