• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gauge cluster not working

97XJ Jeeper

Semper Fi
1997 XJ full gauge cluster (speedo, tach, ect.....)
I am not good at reading electrical diagrams so does anybody know where the ground is for the guage cluster is. Everything works except gauges and warning lights. I thinks it's a bad ground. I have already cleaned the connections on the back of the cluster like everything said when i searched. Thanks for any help!
I just :dunno:

Well I tried to follow the wires today and see if there was any breaks in the wire, but didn't have enough time to dig to far. I think I'm just gonna have to take apart the whole dash.

I have the same problem. Check fuse 16 in the Power Distribution Center in the engine bay. Follow the pink wire from that fuse (mine pops immediately). Could be a short somewhere. Let me know what you find as I haven't had time to follow the pink wire...the diagram is around page 1240 of the FSM.

Under the hood, in the power distribution center, a single 15amp fuse was blown.
This restored my gauge cluster, and radio operation.

Hope that helps.

Radio still works, the only thing that don't work is the gauges and warning lights, turn signal and high beam indicators still work on the cluster. I am ready just to make my own with some Auto Meter gauges. :D

Would the ignition switch have anything to do with it, no gauges but still start and run. Really at loss here.

Back