• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those with Tera 2lo...

boomhauer

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of adding this to my 231 and would like to hear some feedback on how well or not it's worked for you. Is it something you would recommend or don't really like. Let's hear 'em! I know what it's for so let's skip that aspect, just how well it works. Thanks in advance.
**Only actual 2lo users please**

When I installed mine I thought I would never use it, boy was I wrong. Its one of the best decisions I made. It reliefs most of the stress in the front axle which was great when I had a d30. Do it and you will be surprised at how often you use it.

When I installed mine I thought I would never use it, boy was I wrong. Its one of the best decisions I made. It reliefs most of the stress in the front axle which was great when I had a d30. Do it and you will be surprised at how often you use it.

Thanks, that's what i'll do. I read a couple of longer threads that i missed before. -B

I'm really happy that I added it. Only other recommendation i have is to add a novak shifter or something similar to make the shifting into and out of 2LO and other positions on the tcase easier.

I'm really happy that I added it. Only other recommendation i have is to add a novak shifter or something similar to make the shifting into and out of 2LO and other positions on the tcase easier.

You read my mind Kejtar, i'll be doing these two together. :cheers:
I heard there is a HD option for the 231 chain whether true or not is something i cannot confirm. Any idea on this or what parts are required to swap to a (1"+?) t-case chain? Is it just a couple of wider sprockets and the chain itself? I should probably start a new thread eh? -B

Last edited:
I added the 2Lo kit about 3 years ago and have used it a TON. I love it, one of my favorite mods. The only drawback I've ran into is forgetting it's in 2Lo and attempting an obstacle, only to be denied, and then getting ridiculed by your wheelin' buddies. :laugh:

I thought about the Novak shifter too, but so far have had zero problems with the setup as is so no need to change it in my mind. I also added the larger chain and sprockets at the same time, for added strength and peace of mind in the t-case.

Very happy with my 2lo, I upgraded my stock linkage to adjustable linkage with heims, so shift feel and operation is great. I run a aussie locker in the front so I use it alot! My only negative comment is they should check with their welder/quality control people, I had to crack the case the very next day after install due to a poor weld, or lack of weld on the mode selector peice.

Back