• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump issues

heirloom89

NAXJA Forum User
I have had a few issues with fuel pumps on my 1989 XJ 4.0L. I know that the factory fuel pumps are very reliable, I just want to know if anyone can recommend a good aftermarket set-up/a good source to get a factory fuel pump?

What are you having problems with. i.e. whats it doing/not doing I have had good luck in my 89' with the Airtex brand I got from work(O'Reilly's). I'm not sure who makes the factory one.

I have had issues in the past with aftermarket fuel pumps coming apart inside the tank. When I put factory ones in I have never had a problem.
My main concern is finding a factory quality set-up due to the age of the vehicle and the fact Chrysler is shutting it's doors.

I have had issues in the past with aftermarket fuel pumps coming apart inside the tank. When I put factory ones in I have never had a problem.
My main concern is finding a factory quality set-up due to the age of the vehicle and the fact Chrysler is shutting it's doors.

???

Bosch 69302, rockauto.com, on sale $72.

I have had good luck in my 89' with the Airtex brand I got from work(O'Reilly's). I'm not sure who makes the factory one.

what exactly does 'good luck with a fuel pump' feel like?

i recently replaced a 4 month old vatozone sourced airtex fuel pump on my friends 90..... the fuel sock looked brand new.....

why do people feel the need to defend parts like a vatozone fuel pump?

Back