• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TWEETERS?

joey99jb

NAXJA Forum User
How can I check if my Jeep XJ was prewired for this? Is there an easy way to check this?

Here are my specs.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
3" Rusty's lift
Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust
Cool Air Intake

I have the CD/Cassette Combo with 3-Graphic Equalizer. As for location, I want them to be in the triangular corner of the doors. I wonder if I could pry this peice open if I would see wires or not....

Take your door panel off. There will be a little blue wire with a thin black plastic clip. The clip will be located about six inches below, and to the right (assuming passenger side panel) of the triangle where the tweeter would go.

I have a '99 classic with no tweeters. It is prewired though...

I think most 1997-2001 are prewired for the factory tweets. I know for sure that 2000 + 2001's are prewired.

Ok that is great. Do I need to worry about crossovers and stuff or can I just drill a couple holes and throw some tweeters in?

I am thinking that I don't NEED to really have a crossover...would there be any sideaffects to this if I just place the tweeters in there?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I thought we were talking about TWEEDERS. :smoker:

I have the infinty components set up, low-mids in the doors and the tweets where you want them... but this combo comes with a cross over, and I used it and can tell a dif with-without it being used.
you can have the tweeters play 2 dif ranges, well high or higher+ ranges...
a cross over will send the correct range to the tweets and subs speakers, so its not getting ranges it can't handle.
that is from what I understood from a little online reading.
either way the sound is good, I enjoy good music at normal volumes over loud overwhelming bass and missing ranges... I really like my components up front with 3 ways in the rear with a 10" box in the rear hide away area (home made box)

So if I get a stock Jeep tweeter I should be able to plug it into this connection (in the pic above) and everything should work right? I guess what I am saying is, is there a "built in" crossover such that the signal coming in from this wire is specifically the "high" frequenecy signal. Thanks. (I wouldn't know where to start in terms of getting a crossover for this "factory" connection)

Yes, all 97-01 have the wiring in the doors for the Tweeters. All you have to do is plug them in. The wires for the Tweeters spice into the door speaker wires at the bottom of the door. So I guess the Tweeter itself produces the high frequency. Only thing you will not have is the wiring to the rear amp if you do not have the premium sound system.

I've added the factory Infiniti tweeters to both my 97+ XJ's and it's just plug and play.
Neither Jeep has the factory optional amp, just the head unit.

dsc04236.jpg

joey99jb said:
Hey where did you find those tweeters?
I posted a 'wanted' ad in the classifieds forum and got a response rather quickly.
The other set I found on an XJ in the boneyard.

Just a heads up here if you do plan to post a 'wanted ad' up for a set of these, LIST A PRICE of how much you're willing to pay for them.
There's always guys out there checking the boneyards for parts for their own Jeeps and if they know that your willing to pay them (say) $50 for a set, you're a lot more likely to get a dozen or so guys looking for a set for you.

I curently see 2 ads for people 'wanting' them -but- how bad do they really ($$$) want a set? Money talks, BS walks. Sorry, I'm just rambling now but it ticks me off when people post a for sale ad or a want ad without listing a price. It usually means they aren't in a big hurry or committed to get what they/you want and are just wasting my/your time. :nono:

I offered $50 for my set and I had them at my doorstep less than a week later. No I'm not selling them.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now. :helpme:

joey99jb said:
How can I check if my Jeep XJ was prewired for this? Is there an easy way to check this?

Here are my specs.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
3" Rusty's lift
Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust
Cool Air Intake

I wasn't sure at first, but now that I see you have a 3" Rustys lift, you are definitely prewired....................:twak:

Sand-Dog said:
Can anyone provide the part number for the tweeters?

5FV15LAZAB Left
5FV14LAZAB Right

$138.00 Each List Price
Front door - Interior trim - Corner cover - W/tweeter speaker
Agate

Back