• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear bumper in the works

Doose-doe

NAXJA Forum User
Heres a bumper I designed and am currently building. lemme know what you guys think. Thanks

jeepbump.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It will have a 2" reciever and tow points. als a swing out tire carrier.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW that endcap is huge.

If you are wheeling it, I would think about doing something about that, as it will surely bash against legdes or rocks. If you think it looks fine, then good, I just think asthetically that endcap is too big.

What thickness material are you using? How are you planning on attaching it?

It wil attach similar to a hitch. using existing holes in the unibody frame. i believe its 7ga. and the endcap is kinda big but its designed to protect the rear quarters. if you have flares or cutout flares it should flow pretty nice. does anyone have mounting suggestions?

2x4 vertically down the inner frame rails with the bolts coming up through the bottom of it like the factory nut strips.

the pic i posted earlier did make the end caps looks huge, yes they are big but id rather smash a bumper then my body,
IMG_1684.jpg

Last edited:
right now its a shell... as the title state its in the works. hopefully later today or next week well get some mounts mocked up then I can make up my tire carrier and so on

Yeah it currently is slipped over the bumper for rough test fitting. There will be bracing around the endcaps, d-ring mounts, and reciever and mounting locations of course. we hope to pull off the stock bumper this weekend or next week and mock up some brackets.

That bumper is overkill. I wouldn't want to hit you at the rear corners for sure!

I would personally rather have the body smashed than have a bumper that big. But I wheel an old rig. Alot of you guys with the 97+ would want to keep them nice and I can totally understand that.

Thanks guys, for as big as it is it is pretty light. the front bumper Im going to match as possible but it will be lower profile for approach angles.

Kevin

Back