• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i need a rear bump stop =/ but the dealership's got me confused now.

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i have a stock 2000 xj sport 4.0 4wd... during a trail run one fell off, so now im in need of a new one, now my question is does it matter what one i get? apparently the dealer said theres 2 different kinds and that i needed to bring my jeep in so he could tell me which ones i needed... but im going to a junk yard saturday to see if i can just find one... unless someone has one they would sell me / give me im kind of in need of one, i dont wanna run w/o one =/

should i just remove my one good one and take it with me to the junk yard and just match it up?

thats what i did, found a good set luckily. should'nt be hard to find a decent one out there at the yard.

Two lengths- 2.8, and 4.1 inch, IIRC. I bought new (Crown replacement) bumpstop from a NAXJA sponsor-Morris 4x4 Jeep Center Cyber Jeep something or other. They offer a 10% discount to boot. (see their banner in Sponsor Info)
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/?utm_source=NAXJA&utm_medium=Ad&utm_campaign=NAXJA+Forum+Banner+Ad

I think the longer size was offered with the Up Country suspension, and that the shorter one is for all others. I ordered the longer stops since I was getting the UC/Crown replacement springs. For $10 + shipping, I thought that was a lot easier than trying to find pick-n-pull stops that weren't rusting off like mine were.

i would think the longer bump stops would be the better way to go even on a stock xj like mine cuz in the future i'll be needing longer bump stops when i go with a 3" lift on 31's

besides that... the 2.9" long one is 28.99 the 4.1" long one is 9.99. which one's would you buy?!? lol i could get 2 new ones and sell the old one for less than one new one! and the one under my jeep is the same color as the 28.99 one so im thinking thats what i have.

i would think the longer bump stops would be the better way to go even on a stock xj like mine cuz in the future i'll be needing longer bump stops when i go with a 3" lift on 31's

besides that... the 2.9" long one is 28.99 the 4.1" long one is 9.99. which one's would you buy?!? lol i could get 2 new ones and sell the old one for less than one new one! and the one under my jeep is the same color as the 28.99 one so im thinking thats what i have.
The price difference is nice, but if you have stock springs and any sag, you'll be running on those bump stops almost all the time. It might still be worth getting the long ones if you can saw them off to whatever height you need.

just a reminder, make sure you soak the 2 bolts before you take them off. and take your time with backing them out. my rear bumpstops disintegrated and fell off their mounts at the frame rail last trail run due to dry rot from 13 years. i went to replace them the other day after soaking them for a week and i still broke the head off the first bolt. now ive gotta deal with drilling it out :twak:

i went with the 4.1" ones from quadratec. some sites list them as "axle snubbers" btw.... incase searching "bumpstop" doesnt yield what you want

good looking out cphillips, my xj came from michigan the first few years and san diego ca the other few, all my bolts have been rusty and i ripped out my rear shock bolts =/ but if all else fails i'll do like i did with those and just knock the nut out and string a bolt thru somehow and mount it in reverse.

Back