• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replace the rear seat with a Rack?

DanNJeep

NAXJA Forum User
How many of you have replaced the ENTIRE (both top and bottom) rear seats and built a rack to attach where the seat back attaches? I'm thinking I would just simply eliminate the seat bottom, fab a rack to take the place of the seat back. Of coarse it would have to attach in the same manner as the original seat back because I would want the option of putting the seat back in.

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas, pics?

Well when i go wheeling i dont want people bouncing around in the back, so i took out the back seat and with 14ga sheet metal i extended the same level as the cargo area over where the seat used to be, so now i have a little storage box, with two access doors. PM me if you want pics. Oh yea and this setup is completely welded in... NOT removeable!

Well when i go wheeling i dont want people bouncing around in the back, so i took out the back seat and with 14ga sheet metal i extended the same level as the cargo area over where the seat used to be, so now i have a little storage box, with two access doors. PM me if you want pics. Oh yea and this setup is completely welded in... NOT removeable!

email me the pics and i'll post them here

[email protected]

Back