• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can someone tell me if i need a new clutch?

bigoltrux77

NAXJA Forum User
I was driving yesterday and all of a sudden it started getting harder and harder to shift. It would get easier then harder. And at full pedal it would sometimes grind into 4th, but not always. Then when i got home i parked it for awhile, an hour later i couldnt even start it in gear bc there was no clutch, the pedal was doing nothing, alot of play. I got under the jeep and found what i think to be my drain bolt for the AX-15 Tranny and it was loose enough to unscrew by hand and i drained what i think was the fluid (brownish green). I was told it could be either my master or slave cylinder, or even my clutch. How do find out? If its the clutch, how in the world do i replace that? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks

How much fluid came out?

My Jeep did the exact same thing. The slave cylinder was leaking pretty bad. Replaced it and bled out the line and now it works great.

about 2 qts came out. I have never seen any fluid leaking from the tranny area until i removed that drain plug. Do i still need to replace my slave? or is it something else? Thanks alot

Back