• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where's the filler hole for my tranny!!??

bigoltrux77

NAXJA Forum User
I got an 85 with Ax-15 tranny, I cant find the damn filler hole. Yesterday i was checking some bolts and one was loose on the very bootom of the tranny, behing the bellhousing and infront of the adapter to the T case. Im hoping that was tranny fluid that came out. It was greenish brown. The manual says the drain plug is on one of the sides but that might be for a T5. Also, how do i go about getting fluid into that hole? It looks really tight down there. Someone please help. Thanks

It is on the side, drivers side, BIG 1" bolt, up high. Tight fit, I have a small hand pump that screws into a quart bottle that I use to fill it with.

think its a 24 mm bolt.

oh and that si an AX-5 not a AX-15 by the way. Another way to fill her is to pull the four shifter bolts n the top and the fill hole. Pour in oil till she pukes out the side!

Back