• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Starting problems

btfury

NAXJA Forum User
So the Jeep has been in the garage for a while, and I've been working on installing rear WJ seats, so I had the doors open for hours at a time and the battery died on me.

I'm out trying to get it jumped right now, and we got it started a few minutes ago and it was idling fine, but then I put it in drive and it died on me again. I guess I just need to let it idle a little longer in park or something? I've got an optima yellow top, so it should be able to be drained completely and then recharged...

Also, for some reason the interior lights stay on even when all of the doors are closed and they should be off... What the heck does that mean?

Your going to need to put your battery on a charger overnight at the least. The alternator will take forever to charge your battery back up and unless you plan on driving to Brazil and back its never going to get fully charged.

I don't think so. Only thing that could have happened is the drill bit might have nicked the big wire bundle when I was drilling through the cross member for the WJ seat bottom mounts. I don't think it did, as I was careful to avoid it. I'll check that. Would that have done anything?

Back