• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering stabilizer position?

2001XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but didn't come up with an exact answer. I recently installed a Grand Cherokee steering system on my 2001 cherokee. Nothing has changed except a simple steering linkage swap (yes, got an alignment). Everythign is tight and responsive and actually I am quite pleased. However, i have noticed a slight difference in shiimy of the tires. I never put my stock steering stabilizer back on and was wondering if I should install one in the stock position or go ahead and place it on the new tierod?

Any thoughts? Obviously, I could go through trial and error, I just didn't know if in general the tierod position is better than the stock.

TIA

"I recently installed a Grand Cherokee steering system on my 2001 cherokee."

Did this include the quicker ration GC ZJ steering gear box? If so, did you use the ZJ Pitman arm?

Well, as everyone will say, the steering stabilizer is just a band aid, that will hide problems that do exist. Chances are if you have a shimmy, the stabilizer will just cover it up, rather than fix it.

Are you sure they aligned it properly?

Back