• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how tight should drag link be?

drvn93

NAXJA Forum User
I am replacing my tierod with a zj v8 setup, well i went to check the draglink and it revolves about an 1/8 turn, I can hear and feel the metal hitting. the boots look ok, can anyone confirm how tight it should be? I am contemplating replacing it too.

also does anyone know how tight the fan clutch should be when hot? i can move mine easily but there is a small amount of resistance

Im not sure what you are exactally saying, are you saying that your castle nuts will turn 1/8" turn or if you grab the drag link you can revolve it 1/8 turn that is completly normal. Check this out http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=994568

thanks that is a great writeup..

yes the bar will revolve 1/8, I wasnt sure because you can feel the metal hitting on the inside and I am trying to eliminate some of the bang on potholes.

any info on the fan clutch?

(also does anyone know how tight the fan clutch should be when hot? i can move mine easily but there is a small amount of resistance)

This is right, a small amount is what i have on mine..It will be tighter when cold

Back