• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Regarding Death Wobble

Mighty.Mighty_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Guys I have a dilemma ... Is it advisable to take the XJ rock wheeling if I know I have death wobble? We might not be able to locate/fix the problem in time for NACFest. I plan to trailer the Jeep.

nope. the whole reason why you get death wobble is a lose part or bad bushings or a combination or both. i would fix it first then go wheeling

ya i made that mistake and broke the steering box off. try to locate the problem it souldn't be too hard. good luck with it!

ya i made that mistake and broke the steering box off. try to locate the problem it souldn't be too hard. good luck with it!
So I have been looking, had a shop look and they can't find the source. Well I did find that the driver side motor mount that the trac bar bracket attaches to, had all 3 bolts sheared off! Got it fixed and felt pretty smug thinking we had nailed it ... until the next day. We simply cannot find the problem. Trac bar is brand new, so bushings are new. Tires are fine, but I'm putting the Swampers back on tomorrow.

I've done some research but I can't find anything wrong. Halllp!

Ujoints are ok?
Caster angle good?

Hope you get this sorted in time for the 'Fest.

I have other major last minute complications now of the personal sort. It's looking like I might not be able to make it at all :( . I'm still hoping to maybe drive the Durango up there & ride shotgun with Rich or simply watch the rock crawling. I dunno.

This sux after all the work ... :bawl: :cry: :tears:

Back