• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damage invesigation...likely causes?

Hubbazoot

NAXJA Forum User
I have been working on putting in my lift kit today and came across a lot of stuff that had been damaged on the passenger side that my dad had attempted to repair. The base of the shock mount was cracked, the top was cracked, and the LCA on that side is damaged in the mounts (I'm having to cut the bolts out in order to remove the LCA's. What is a likely cause of this damage?

The most likely culprit I can think of at the moment is jumping it and coming down hard and bad on that side... any other ideas?

i would say hitting a tall curb or rock if the vehicle is stock height

couldnt tell you how it happens but you wanna make sure it didnt travel up and put a dink in your tranny cooler line. I tried to make a claim on my old xj, through a breakdown insurance, engineer looked at it and said it was accident damage.

couldnt tell you how it happens but you wanna make sure it didnt travel up and put a dink in your tranny cooler line. I tried to make a claim on my old xj, through a breakdown insurance, engineer looked at it and said it was accident damage.

To transmission cooler to worry about. I drive a stick. Are the upper and lower bolts on the lca the exact same?

Back