• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

iro almost alloy ??

When I was running stock shafts I just "tack" welded the caps, about 6 tacks per cap, never had any issues with caps flying out.

Looks like a good product to me for not a lot of money

i can see it being a real hassle if you break a joint ahving to grind that lil thing off

Pretty slick little kit. I'm sure someone they ran into on the trail did this themselves with tabs of mild steel in their garage and they saw a business opportunity.

When I was running stock shafts I just "tack" welded the caps, about 6 tacks per cap, never had any issues with caps flying out.

Even 3 tacks will work fine. And I imagine it's easier to grind off a little tack weld then those.

Another thing I don't see addressed...clearence. You would have to grind reliefs in the knuckle to slide the shafts in. I don't really like that.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-S_AAK

Anybody running these? Seems like a cheap upgrade for stock axles, but wanted to get some feedback.

Honestly, I see no reason to go through the trouble of installing these. Simply tack welding the caps on works well enough and if you ever break a u-joint, nine times outta ten the axle shaft is wasted anyway.
Once you start breaking numerous stock axle shafts it gets old and you pony up for the real stuff.
"Almost alloy"... that is a funny name though. :D

Back