• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Injectors

cher96

NAXJA Forum User
As you may notice by my Signature, I have done many things to my 4.0L. Now, I am thinking about Fuel Injectors. I am obsessed. I am thinking of installing Ford Blue-Top 24 pound Racing Injectors in my '96 4.0L H.O.. I do know that as Stock I can run with Bosch LS1
0280155890 for Jeep 1994-98 4.0 MPI I-6. I was wondering if anyone has installed these or if there is a better Fuel Injector available.

Thank you.

The Ford #24 injectors will work. You will run into problems with running rich if you just slap them on. Look at getting an adjustable MAP sensor to try and tune it down or start upgrading internals like a cam or stroke it to move more air through the motor.

AARON

I thank you and appreciate your Post. Where might I get such an MAP Sensor? I have just replaced my MAP Sensor only about 500 miles ago. To move more Air, I have put a 2004 Intake Manifold and a 62/63mm Throttle Body on my 4.0 and I have a Wrapped Performance Header to help the gases to escape and have a 2.5 Cat-Back Exhaust. My Ignition is above Par and Compression is at Stock Preferences. I am always looking to improve on what I have and I thank you for your advice. If you know of a MAP Sensor that will improve performance.... I want it.

Thanks

You can build your own for less than $15 or double that for one built(or $135+shipping for your matching turbo city one). Check out http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/MAP_adjuster.html to get a feel for what it does. Now that one has 12v input so that you can get voltages above the stock 5v. If you get larger injectors, you might just need to cut down the 5v instead of increasing it, in which case you could use the existing 5v supply and regulate it. I recommend using male and female connectors so that you can easily revert to the stock setup.

Last edited:
fyi cher96: the ford blue tops(4-holes) are rated 24#@39psi and will be 26.9#@49psi. I'm using the LT1s(6-holes)which are rated 24#@43.5psi and are 25.5#@49psi. I would like to try out the blues sometime.

Another option on the adjustible MAP sensor is installing an Apexi SAFC. Sure its a ricer part but it allows you to tune the fuel curve through the MAP at specified RPM increments. I had a write up on here and also over on JU speedfreaks showing one installed on a 91 XJ. I have a stroker motor with big cam so I needed more adjustment than the adj. map like posted above.
Good luck,

AARON

The adjuster (I believe mine is made from the same plans) will adjust it both higher and lower. I have mine so I can measure/adjust voltage from the drivers seat. I also added a switch to switch between adjusted and stock.

Back