• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RHD Cruise equivalent

XJ00RHD

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,
I've got a 2000 RHD (SE obviously) w/o cruise control, and I'm trying like hell to add it. Every junk yard in the area either wants to sell me the whole LHD column, or doesn't have a 99+ with cruise, or wants to sell the jeep as a whole. Before I go crazy and just buy the kit off e-bay, can I be sure that the parts in it will work? Can anyone do better than the 500 bucks they're asking from a pick 'n' pull? (I'll ask that part in wanted after I get an answer to the first part)
Please, since it's so expensive- and potentially so frustrating- an endeavor, could you cite your source re: compatibility of parts?
Thanks a bunch for your patience.

why is it any different on your cherokee ? You should just be able to get the switches from a 99-01, clockspring, and the servo for under the hood. That's all you need.

true, but I know the columns do not swap, didn't know if the wiring IN the column was different, or if the wires under the dash & thru the firewall were in a similar position, needing the same length harness addition to connect everything up

Is there a difference in the clock spring between tilt and non-tilt columns?

The harness should already be ran from the clock spring to the servo.
Fantastic, that would make my life a whole hell of a lot easier. The servo ought to be the same and wire the same, right?

Is there a difference in the clock spring between tilt and non-tilt columns?
I don't think so, just between cruise and non-cruise. The RHD was offered as both, mine's fixed... so even if there were a difference, mine ought to be 'standard', no?

mine to does not have cruise control what is this RHD you speak of?
is this right hand drive? lol i was goin to get aftermarket cruise installed for 350 but if i could get facorty that would be sweet mine is a 5 spd though? did jeep use electric cruise in 99? refresh what all is needed? switchs for steering wheel and cruise module?

You can get aftermarket ones on ebay for about $35 and they are easy to install. RHD, LHD, 5spd, auto, tilt, fixed, don't matter. RHD are right hand drive used in contries that drive on the wrong side of the road, or in the US for rural postal delivery so the driver can be on the mailbox side.

i think its ironic that in the uk, (a country that once upon time made some god awful boring cars) get your jeeps with ALL the tricks fitted as standard!! Whereas a country renouned for its car comforts (the us) doesnt fit them as standard for their home market!! We do drive on the correct side of the road though!!

i think its ironic that in the uk, (a country that once upon time made some god awful boring cars) get your jeeps with ALL the tricks fitted as standard!! Whereas a country renouned for its car comforts (the us) doesnt fit them as standard for their home market!! We do drive on the correct side of the road though!!

How can the right side be wrong? And the left side be right? Overseas, only "rich" people could afford a fine automobile from the US, so they shipped them loaded. There are no stripped Land Rovers or Mercedes in the US either.

Back