• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no headlights/ very dim parking lights????

bigredjeep

NAXJA Forum User
no headlights, very dim parking lights, turn signals act like a bulb is out(flash fast). bright light indicator on the dash comes on along with the turn indicator lights and stays on while the headlight switch is pulled to headlight position. fuses for the parking lights and the headlights are good on one side and weak on the other side. (but fuse are good) yes it has been in some deep water and its not my dally driver. i put a new headlight switch in it and checkd a bunch of wires with a test light. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i been trying to figure this out for about a year on and off.

x2, start checking with an Ohm meter.

tried for the grounds. really dont know even were to start hahaha. just thought someone else might have had a similar problem

98 ltd XJ D44trutrac/ 9" gizzly locker 31spline 5.5" re springs some other stuff

Pull your air filter box and look at the plug there. It could be corroded.

what does that have do do with the lights working?? i havent had a airbox in it for about 4 years. for s and g's i looked at it and its clean.

updates....

new 4way turnsignal switch
replaced fuses/ relays. even the on that clicks for the turn signals.

question. where does all the light stuff ground to??? i cant find that.

thanks
Nick

98 ltd XJ D44trutrac/ 9" gizzly locker 31spline 37" claws 5.5" re springs some other stuff

what does that have do do with the lights working?? i havent had a airbox in it for about 4 years. for s and g's i looked at it and its clean.

updates....

new 4way turnsignal switch
replaced fuses/ relays. even the on that clicks for the turn signals.

question. where does all the light stuff ground to??? i cant find that.

thanks
Nick

98 ltd XJ D44trutrac/ 9" gizzly locker 31spline 37" claws 5.5" re springs some other stuff

Under the airbox is a main plug for the wiring harness for the headlights. :shhh:

Back