• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sagging 3" pro comp leaf pack.

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 3" pro comp leaf pack that seems to have settled some and now the rear of the jeep looks like it's sagging when i accelerate from a light or have the camping gear or freinds in the back. Since it's only a 3" pack I was thinking I could throw a RE AAL into the pack to stiffen it up and keep it where it should be. Think that would work ? If not what would ?

I wanted to avoid swapping shackles because i'm pretty sure i'll end up snapping one of the two frame bolts. Just happened to my friends jeep and it was a nightmare. The shackle angle i have now is good, it has a lean towards the rear of the jeep.

Just throw some sort of AAL in there. My recent sagging problem forced me to throw in a 2" aal that I had a while back that had sagged a bit and it re arched the leaf pack and gave me the height that I was looking for and I didn't notice a difference in ride quality.

same thing happened to my 3.5" pro comp leaf packs. I sold them to a friend and got 4.5" RE packs best thing I have ever done! my buddy added a 3.5" AAL from rustys and no more sag but rides like butt!

if i could find a decent deal i'd buy the RE 3.5 springs and just throw a 1" spacer on top of the 3" coil spring.

so whats your rig setting as of now?... i did a bastard pack myself but I didnt net near as much as you are wanting to net... I think I took another set of XJ leafs and used all but the main one.. and it netted me almost 3" but sagged to around 2.5" and I have 3.5" RE coil springs that are sagged to 3" with heavy front winch bumper. I have a pair of RE 4.5" leaf springs Im gonna install once I get my SYE installed.... Its a slow process but sureley im gonna get it where I want it.

Right now I have 3" rustys front coils and 3" procomp leaf packs, front Old man emu shocks and rear monroe sensatrack shocks and just running 30s for the DD duty. I want to go a little bigger and I was just thinking a 1" or 1.5" coil spacer and a mix between an AAL in the rear and a shackle to put me at about 4.5" lift.

Those are 31s in the picture.

100_3549.jpg

Yea you sure are setting higher than mine...

picture.php

This is before adding the 3.5" coil springs... but still I think yours look's cleaner.

well i did just wash it.Thanks though, i don't think it's all that clean but it's nice to hear.

Last edited:
Throw some paint on your wheel wells, paint the sliders, remove that sticker and put some wax on it and i'm sure your jeep would look clean as well. Do you have a picture of it with the RE springs in ?

Throw some paint on your wheel wells, paint the sliders, remove that sticker and put some wax on it and i'm sure your jeep would look clean as well. Do you have a picture of it with the RE springs in ?

Let me dig some up... I have some with the 3.5" coil springs but I yet to install the 4.5" Leafs.

Back