• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proprtioning valve guts question

jdbwrx

NAXJA Forum User
So I just finished up the 96' ZJ rear disc swap onto my '99. I know that I need to fox with the proportioning valve in order to get the rears to grab now. I plan to pull out the o-ring here shortly and hopefully that will do it.

Here's my question: According to the pics on this thread it shows the ZJ proportioning valve spring being shorter.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=84633&page=2&highlight=proportioning+valve

Do you think it would work to cut my XJ spring to the ZJ length? I don't know how different the rates are, or if it even matters. Does someone have a measurment of the ZJ spring?

It's not just a matter of differences in length, the wire thickness is different also. I just bought a ZJ proportioning valve from a Jeep wrecking yard and just used the spring...made a BIG difference. I think I only paid about $15....worth it!............Hans

Back