• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommendations on Spark Plugs

BIGsexyatUSC

NAXJA Forum User
Can you guys tell me what plugs you recommend? I'm looking to replace mine here this weekend and have no idea what i should put on there.....don't want some crappy cheap plugs!!

Man.... you waited less than 30 minutes?

Champion. I run the truck plugs.

NGK v-power, cap and rotor do not matter too much, just get one with brass terminals as they work better. Wires I run the "premium" version of whatever they have at he auto store, usually an 8mm wire.

dude, on a side note you really gotta learn to be patient.

Any plug but BOScH I ran them in my wrangler and had nothing but problems. The check engine light always came on and when starting sometimes it would back fire threw the throttle body. I like NGK myself

I have champions coppers. Nothing fancy. I hate changing my plugs though. One of the biggest pains for what should be a really easy job.

I have champions coppers. Nothing fancy. I hate changing my plugs though. One of the biggest pains for what should be a really easy job.

1) where are you/what do you do in P-cola, happens to be my local as well

2) have you ever tried to change the plugs on any other vehicle. I do not think I have seen an easier truck to change them on. Maybe a honda with them going through the Valve cover. I dread the next time I have to change the ones on my wifes blazer.

1) where are you/what do you do in P-cola, happens to be my local as well

2) have you ever tried to change the plugs on any other vehicle. I do not think I have seen an easier truck to change them on. Maybe a honda with them going through the Valve cover. I dread the next time I have to change the ones on my wifes blazer.

Well I've got that doggone coil pack and getting the one in the back is a pain. It's not hard it's just more of a pain than it should be. :D

I'm in school at UWF and am in the Navy down here in Pensacola.

Plugs in all my cars current and past i run NGK coppers, i like them and they work well so thats what i use. Cap and rotor as was mentioned get the brass. For wires i go with the duralast from autozone. i bought mine about a year ago for $22, and if they ever go out of resistance or arch, you just return them to ANY autozone and get a free replacement set. sounds good to me!

I exclusively use NGK Vpower plugs, just the basic NGK that is listed for the vehicle. Cap/rotor I'm just using Well's Gold. For wires I have Accel Superstock 8mm. I got the wires in a universal 8 cyl package, so I used an extra for coil wire. They are cut-to-length so they fit perfect. I think accel makes a cap/rotor too, but I didn't see them on the shelf. Accel stuff is expensive but it is nice.

i run the champion truck plugs! love em on wires i bought the life time autozone wires and got a standard ignition cap and rotor from a local autoparts store (red boxes)

NGK v-power x3.

And changing plugs on the I6 is so simple compared to every other vehicle I have worked on. I think the one that takes the cake was my sister's Dodge Avenger.. you have to remove part of the intake manifold to get to the back 3 plugs.

NGK v-power x3.

And changing plugs on the I6 is so simple compared to every other vehicle I have worked on. I think the one that takes the cake was my sister's Dodge Avenger.. you have to remove part of the intake manifold to get to the back 3 plugs.

ford transmounted v6's are that way. When i worked parts in college, people always thought I was trying to scam them when they ordered Spark Plugs and I went ahead and pulled the gaskets and sealant that they would need. Usually getting pissed at me and just buying the spark plugs without anti sieze or boot grease either, also ignoring the idea that they should buy some plugs with a longer service interval.

I just stuck the parts on a hold shelf till they came back an hour later, always knew they would.

^ ^ ^ haha thats great. I almost can't blame them though i've ran into exactly one person that knew what they were talking about at a parts store. Few and far between unfortunatly.

i used Mopar rotor and cap and champion for plugs

Back