• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How high with short arms?

xj_brad

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering how high you guys are going with your short arm suspension, i have the RE 3.5 super flex in right now and the front needs to come up about 1.5 to match the rear because i put a new set of tera shackles in...

Would i be good with the provided RE short arms? i still have the stock uppers... cuz i cant really afford to do the long arm upgrade seeing how i just dumped $600 on a new new tranny and clutch this past week.:gonnablow

Thanks for the input :farmer:

i have about 5 inches and it is a ruff ride on the road but tolerable and i get good flex for my set up but i have johnny joint arms and track bar. i don't think i would go higher then this with out longer arms or a different set up on the front. but that is just my opinion and others will differ

i have about 5 inches and it is a ruff ride on the road but tolerable and i get good flex for my set up but i have johnny joint arms and track bar. i don't think i would go higher then this with out longer arms or a different set up on the front. but that is just my opinion and others will differ

I have aftermarket lowers on and i also bought the RE Trach bar that is good up to 5 in i believe

Drop brackets are some of the best money i have spent on my jeep! My 2000 XJ is sitting at 6" in the front and 5" in the rear. I have the RE4.5 kit with a 1.5" coil spacer, and the RE arms were brutal on the frame. I felt every hole and bump it was bad, installed my RC drop brackets and it was such a worth wile purchase. I feel that my XJ rides almost as well as my 2000 Tahoe. It feels more solid and planted, then before but i had to remove my front swaybar because the coil was interfearing with the swaybar making a nasty sound. Thats my view on Drop brackets but for short arms i think i highest that you wuld want to go is 6" other then that drop brackets or long arms are needed for anything above that.

-John

Drop brackets are a very good upgrade if you can't afford to or don't want to run long arms. Lots of people run them and you don't hear many complaints. If you're afraid of dragging them, you'll drag your long arms too unless you go with something that tucks them up like the TNT setup.
I ran the same setup one mine as you're talking about (RE 3.5" with spacers and shackles up to 5.5"-6" and it worked. It flexed good, rode like a cement mixer, and I was worried about twisting the stock uppers after I got my 33s. Save up and wait til you can afford to either get the drop brackets or get long arms and do it right. You're kidneys will thank you.

Drop brackets are a very good upgrade if you can't afford to or don't want to run long arms. Lots of people run them and you don't hear many complaints. If you're afraid of dragging them, you'll drag your long arms too unless you go with something that tucks them up like the TNT setup.
I ran the same setup one mine as you're talking about (RE 3.5" with spacers and shackles up to 5.5"-6" and it worked. It flexed good, rode like a cement mixer, and I was worried about twisting the stock uppers after I got my 33s. Save up and wait til you can afford to either get the drop brackets or get long arms and do it right. You're kidneys will thank you.
yup exactly

Back