• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

closed to open alu ?

chrslefty

NAXJA Forum User
so i was looking at getting a new rad and i read a bunch of links and what not and from what i see it looks like this alu rad has a port for the fan switch . I'm i wrong or is this just a error in the pic ?
here's the rad I'm looking at

http://www.genesisautoparts.com/product/RAD30416X2335AA.htm

dose anyone know about this ?or have had used it when doing a open conversion ?

the reasion this is important to me .
a. I'm over heating while going down the freeway .
b .every thing else is new ,including hd fan clutch upgrade
c. the 99 ho didn't have a port on the block so i had to move it to the t-stat housing . " ecu temp sender.
d. the 99 block didn't have a port for the temp gage . no longer able to "burp the system .
as it is right now when it warms up the temp is at 210 at a idle . going down the free way it gets just above tr read line.
i did verify the the tstat is opening . i did the poor mans open conversion .

i talked to the mechanic down the street he said that i sounded like i still had air in the system or the rad was bad . temps were good before the swap but the rad sat out for a while .OK like a month while i was doing the engine swap .
so.... what do you guys think .
a. I'm i on the right path
b. dose the rad have the temp sensor port ?
thanks for your help.
Chris

That rad looks just like the one I got from Alumorad and yes it did have the port for the fan switch.

well i went ahead and ordered it . i did call the company and they took a look at the 89 and 91 the said that the port looked to be the same , we'll see when it gets here .
i sure hope that this cures my over heating problem .im going to run the chemical flush trough it to make sure that theres nothing in the block for when the new rad gets instaled .

Back