• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hot Fuses/Circuts...Electrical problems...Help

red_01_xj

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to chase down a short in my Jeep

What fuses are should be hot when the jeep is off, I looked in the FSM and couldn't find much except the wiring diagrams. I also searched but didn't find much.

Here are my symptoms that are wrong...

Jeep drains battery over night...
Driver side parking lights/tail lights and license plate light don't work...(brake light does)

Any help is greatly appreciated

well I went out last night and tested them again to be sure, but the fuse box under the hood is hot when the jeep is off, is this normal, or is there something wrong

The back of the Haynes manual has the listing of what connections are always hot I'm pretty sure.

Thats good to know, but mine is over 3 hrs away

Just look in your FSM at the wirining diagrams. The PDC power distribution center fuse box under the hood, clearly shows the fuses that are directly hooked up to the battery. THese should be hot all the time. As for the Junction Box fuse box inside, you can also see which fuses are from the "battery" circuit. These should be hot all the time. Other fuses show that they are from the "st-run" or "acc" circuits which should only be hot when in start, run, or accessory position of the key.

Back