• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

detroit locker i am not the biggest fan!!

jeeper98xj

NAXJA Forum User
ok so 3 months ago now my locker started making noises and not engaging, i had a certified 4x4 guy look at my jeep said it was toast so when i go the chance b/c i was working 8am to 10pm for a while i then got it over to matt at attitude performance where i had it installed and he said yeah its whiped let me get a hold of detroit they have this 12month warranty welll it took them 3 weeks now to get back to matt who has emailed and called them to tell them yeah well u have to ship us the lcker and then we can decied if its under warranty....wtf they couldnt tell him that 3 weeks ago .....oooohhhhhh its going to take 45 to 60 days....... so i would not have to rig for another 60 days!!!!
i have my wedding in 17days so i cant just say well screw detriot and just get an abr right now money is tight...and idk if i want to keep this kind of company in my rid. what should i do anyone running strat posi matt said it would be like 500 if i just went strait posi.... he said he didnt like the cable on the ox so any of u have any suggestions....i kind of need my rig back for work as well........ HELP me
Dan:firedevil

i destroyed a detroit locker in a blazer once, took it back to 4wp where i bought it and was handed a new shiny one no quesitons asked... dunno

yeah sounds like you should have taken matters into your own hand. my rear detroit is easily 5 years old

Learn how to spell. Then learn proper grammar. Then talk to the the person that set up your axle. Then take the jeep to the JY and buy a honda.

JMO

If you can not afford to keep fixing it... fix it, park it and sell it. Your '98 is no spring chicken. You will always be replacing something or another especially if you use it offroad. Most any company will want the product to inspect, replace or possibly repair. Turnover takes time.

Get an Ox. It's the best locker available for the price. No fuss, no pump or electrical problems. Built here in the USA and virtually indestructible. IMHO.

I ran into the same issue with my e-locker when the coil siezed on the carrier. "send us your old one and we'll decide if we can warranty it" Same with my Banks Header. I ended up buying another one and then getting refunded a few months later.

Companies run their warranty claims like this because assclowns 'want' something 'new' when they 'think' their parts are broken. It sucks for those of us with legitimate claims, but it is what it is.

my Detroit is over 12 years old, and it is in it's second Dana35, with no problems.

The 44 I am building has a Detroit waiting to go in.
they are under $500 new, same as your quote for a LSD. get one, and have a different shop install it.

if you are in a real pinch, get an open carrier and install that.

Companies run their warranty claims like this because assclowns 'want' something 'new' when they 'think' their parts are broken. It sucks for those of us with legitimate claims, but it is what it is.

This is true. See if the shop where you had the install done can set-up your gears on an open carrier in the meantime. They may charge you for it (I would assuem at some sort of discount) but it beats having your Jeep sit for a month and a half.

This is true. See if the shop where you had the install done can set-up your gears on an open carrier in the meantime. They may charge you for it (I would assume at some sort of discount) but it beats having your Jeep sit for a month and a half.

Back