• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Solve My Problem?

codeman8118

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, so I'm driving home to Portland in a couple of days and the last month or so my car had clunking noises and noticable hard pull to the right. it would also pull hard right when i used the brakes also. I got rid of the clunking by getting a new track bar and mount. After installation, I got an alignment at les schwab. My car still pulls right when i drive with my steering wheel centered. Im in Aw. Les schwab gave me a brake quotation to get new caliper and a 1/2 ton front disc on the right side. Do you think maybe something is sticking on my right wheel that causes my car to pull right when i drive? because it happens both when using and not using the brakes. Any suggestions would be amazing as I'm a broke college student who has no mechanic or tools. ha. Jeep is lifted 4.5" with short arms. Thank you much.

well when you replace the brakes you don't just replace one side you replace the brakes as pairs. I don't understand what they mean by 1/2 ton disk and caliper sounds like they are trying to pull one over on you. It sounds like your rotor is warped or you caliper is sticking. The front brakes can be replaced with simple hand tools for under 100 bucks.

Ok so i got a quote they will replace both calipers but 1 1/2 ton front disc w/ nonserv bearings. Its a cheap job. Would a sticky caliper pull a car in a given direction even if i wasn't using the brake pedal?

Yes it could if it was sticking. I would go ahead and get both rotors replaced at the same time though.

there are small pistons inside your calipers that, when the brake pedal is applied, press the pads against the rotor...sometimes, especially on a vehicle that has seen some miles, dirt and grime can work their way in, causing these pistons to stick or bind

spend the money to get it done right, it may just save your life...or someone else's for that matter

good luck

Back