• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally!!! No more broken taillights!

IXNAYXJ said:
Still can't decide if I want to paint them body color or just black. I think either way would look fine. What are your plans, Jeremy?

-----Matt-----

All O.D. green.

Anyone know where John's thread about the quarter guaeds was moved to?

sams88 said:
@john -- will those quarter panel guards work on a Commache??? Or can they be made/adapted for a reasonable fee?
Is your commanche ready and really going to be used where it needs them:gag: ,are we ever going to see this rig you:lecture: talk about ?

hards91xj said:
Is your commanche ready and really going to be used where it needs them:gag: ,are we ever going to see this rig you:lecture: talk about ?

I drove it home today as a matter of fact. I still need to put the SYE in and get a new rear driveshaft. And there's some other items still, like another electric fan. But it's sitting in the driveway now, Started off as an 86 2.8L, now has a 96 4.0L with wiring harness, and all kinds of other stuff to set the engine in there. As John said, it twas a real job. Even had to change the hood and associated hardware for latches, etc. True-Tracs front and rear. D44 in the rear. I stayed with 4:10 gears. Still waiting for the Terra-Low, but it's paid for. Went with a RE 5.5" lift, short arm after talking with the factory boys. Woulda taken a while to get the long arm. Still flexes pretty good, Jerry was messing with it with a forklift at work, testing it. 32" boggers. Lock hubs in front, no vacuum. But at least it's at the point now that I can start driving it and see what else needs to be taken care of. And now I can actually claim it as it's here. :) Keep the faith Howard, keep the faith! :) This all takes money you know! LOL

As for the tail light panels, it looks like about the only real difference is that on the Commache there is a bit of a body extension that is covered by the rear bumper, where on the Cherokee's it's just all chopped off flat. Nothing that a saws-all or torch can't take care of. :)

And yes, it's been seen by others, Karl has seen it. :)

Last edited:
IXNAYXJ said:
Still can't decide if I want to paint them body color or just black.

-----Matt-----

I think you should chrome plate yours. that would go better with the 24" gold spoke daytons your rollin' on. Dat would be straight up pimpin'.

Megawatt said:
I think you should chrome plate yours. that would go better with the 24" gold spoke daytons your rollin' on. Dat would be straight up pimpin'.

Then put some ice in yo grill.

paul.jpg

Im thinking of looking into a set for my rig. back end is getting smashed. But then again, I could chop away......

sams88 said:
As for the tail light panels, it looks like about the only real difference is that on the Commache there is a bit of a body extension that is covered by the rear bumper, where on the Cherokee's it's just all chopped off flat. Nothing that a saws-all or torch can't take care of. :)

commanche taillights are mounted completely different

Back