• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 4.0L Injectors?

SHould be 19# for the AMC242, all the way up to current.

Why for do you ask? The ECU has limited ability to adjust injector pulse width - you could probably get away with 20# or 21# on a stocker - to "fine-tune" fuel mix, but going to a 24# squirt would be just a bit much...

5-90

Four of the six of mine are "leaking" and I have a set of 18# out of a 5.0L mustang that I thought might work, I just was trying to confirm what they are suppose to be. I have a set of 24# that are available but they obviously will not work.

They're 19#. Are you sure the set from the mustang are 18#? I got a set off eBay that are 19#. What color is the top of the injectors?

I was running the yellow top mustang injectors for about 5 years when my jeep ones started to leak. Worked great, still got 20+ miles per gallon.

I think mine were yellow tops actually, I bought them quite a while ago, but they were also 19 #/hr ones.

Back