• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to find oval tubes?

Jump This

Just another minion!
I have noticed that many people are bending lower control arms.....even .250 wall stuff.
What I would think would work better is an oval tube with the .250 wall. We used to use it for building swing arms for other type rigs. I just don't know where we got ours then....
Anyone try this before? And if it worked...where to get the material?
Rick

It's called "aero" tube, but I'm not sure it's available in .25. If you use 4130 Chromo, bending arms is not an issue. Mine have been on for 3+ years of the hardest of the hard core trails and they still look good.

Get ready to bend over if you want to buy some aero tube.

CRASH

There is a company called "The Chassis shop" that carries oval or Aero tube. I don't know the web address. My buddy has one of their catalogues. They have some pretty neat fab stuff. I don't believe that the tubing was cheap though!

Jump This said:
I have noticed that many people are bending lower control arms Rick

Id like to know how you could bend the arms????At least without damage to the rest of the XJ!

How many rocks you got in Phoenix?:D This last weekend I was shown a control arm that had been pushed and pinched. He had dropped the front end off a large rock and 'shoved' the axel hard enough to bend a LCA. At this point the horror stories started...and it made me think of some old fab work I had done with the aero tubes......

Thats hard to fathom without doing some bracket damage.Who's arms were they?Have you guys considered "disecting" arms to see what wall thickness?This is interesting since last weekend I saw a bunch of TJ's and Rubi's with the new "Toys by Troy" long arms.He uses aluminum in a fairly small diameter!

Back