• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear leaf springs

96TNXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So long story short Fedex shafted me and "lost" one of the two leaf springs :twak: So Im looking to get a set of 4.5 leafs that will work really good not to expensive (Im in collage and work at a Burger King) that wont sag. I have been looking at rustys they are 250 before shipping and all. Is this a good idea or no?? Is there a better brand for about the same price or cheaper?? I know you get what you pay for, I also know there are tons of brand. So as far as 4.5 leafs go what would you recomend or not?? TIA

I was out of work today ...sick.........and my shipping dept is waiting for an email from fed ex.............still.I know it is fustrating I am trying my best to find out myself as well,with out pissing off my fellow co worker.I need to get stuff shipped and delivered too.......I dont want to have this:hang:<<<<<<<< happen to me.LOL!!!!!

seriously... if you didnt get all ur stuff i'd simple call them up and be like hey one of my leafs didnt arrive, fedex said they lost it etc etc.... run it by them im sure they left you a notice or some sort, so they should cover it.

I was out of work today ...sick.........and my shipping dept is waiting for an email from fed ex.............still.I know it is fustrating I am trying my best to find out myself as well,with out pissing off my fellow co worker.I need to get stuff shipped and delivered too.......I dont want to have this:hang:<<<<<<<< happen to me.LOL!!!!!

Hey its cool I understand no big

I bought from a guy on the board here (markaboo929) and from what Ive gathered they(fedex) is going to just give the sender the money for everything back and fedex said that its up to the sender as to whether they buy a new set to send me or send me the money that I paid. He (markaboo929, the guy I bought them from) said that he is just going to refund me my money (which is cool) the thing is I think Im just going to buy a new set of leafs and dont know if there are any brands that I should stay away from as far as leaf springs.

So long story short Fedex shafted me and "lost" one of the two leaf springs :twak: So Im looking to get a set of 4.5 leafs that will work really good not to expensive (Im in collage and work at a Burger King) that wont sag. I have been looking at rustys they are 250 before shipping and all. Is this a good idea or no?? Is there a better brand for about the same price or cheaper?? I know you get what you pay for, I also know there are tons of brand. So as far as 4.5 leafs go what would you recomend or not?? TIA

rustys, rough country, procomp(heard they are stiff) are your best bet, except rusty charges alot for shipping.

what size/height lift are you looking for? a 3.5" leaf and a 1 or 1.5" lift shackle might ride and perform better then a 4.5" leaf with a stock shackle.

If you call Rusty's direct you'll end up with a lower shipping price than advertised online.

At least from all of my experiences with them. And that's what they told me on the phone too!

Besides I always have an issue ordering online from them with my Debit card for some odd reason. Not sure why.

Why are you telling them to stay away from rustys ? alot of people on this forum run alot of rustys parts and most dont have anything bad to say about them.

As far as rustys leaf springs i just ordered the 3.5 and am using it with a 1.5 shackle and so far no issues . I did order them online and they did charge me quite a bit on shipping but i got some other stuff too. Do some research an d check the other posts and the forums

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody's brought up a bastard pack. It seems that lately people are posting that the inexpensive springs they're buying are being imported from overseas (India, China, other places,) where the metallurgy is uncertain. Just something to ask about when calling around - are they made in the US or, I suppose, Canada.

With a bastard pack made out of Chevy S-10 leaves you at least know you're getting 1st world metal. Add most or all of the leaves from the S-10 under the main leaf from the XJ and maybe a 1.5" shackle to get your 4.5" for less than the $250 you mentioned earlier. As part of the project budget you can also buy tools (like the angle grinder you can use to cut the eyes off the main S-10 leaf) to use in future projects instead of giving the whole amount to someone for a product.

Rusty's should be good. I have not used his spring packs, but his AAL is holding its lift after about 50k. I've never had a problem with him, his shipping, or his parts(I have his lift, trackbar, motor mounts, tierod, bumpstops, coil isolators, ect.)

I'm surprised nobody's brought up a bastard pack. It seems that lately people are posting that the inexpensive springs they're buying are being imported from overseas (India, China, other places,) where the metallurgy is uncertain. Just something to ask about when calling around - are they made in the US or, I suppose, Canada.

With a bastard pack made out of Chevy S-10 leaves you at least know you're getting 1st world metal. Add most or all of the leaves from the S-10 under the main leaf from the XJ and maybe a 1.5" shackle to get your 4.5" for less than the $250 you mentioned earlier. As part of the project budget you can also buy tools (like the angle grinder you can use to cut the eyes off the main S-10 leaf) to use in future projects instead of giving the whole amount to someone for a product.

I had something like that going but I just didnt have the time to do it :tears: So Im looking at just buying them so I can install everything before school starts again lol

Back