• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

detriot trutrac or auburn ected on d30 vac disco

nicksjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i plan on purchasing a trutrac for a d30 vac disc. does anybody have good or bad feedback. also on a auburn ected i think i am going with one or the other. thanks

Your better off spending the few extra bucks and getting the ected... I have installed both, and ran a true trac for years. The true trac is great on the street, but gives up alot off road. The ected is a plate style limited slip untill you flip the switch then locked.. My HP44 is getting an ected.

I love my true trac's, but, they are not lockers.
That being said, they work well enough with driver input that I am not looking to "upgrade" anytime soon.
A selectable locker is the way to go if funds are available.

I am fairly new to the site i have just been on reading all the awesome information on your site. I one thing that I would like to know is how strong is the locking force of an ected locker and how reliable are they?

thanks i picked up the ected it comes in this week

i was just skimming the manual for the ected and i think it said to not use it with vacuum disco... might want to double check on that, or use it as a good reason to convert to one piece shafts!

your right thanks for the info. am i able to just swap the whole axle from a newer dana 30 and do you know what years i can go from? the junk yard is 1/2 off this weekend. thanks

your right thanks for the info. am i able to just swap the whole axle from a newer dana 30 and do you know what years i can go from? the junk yard is 1/2 off this weekend. thanks

I believe it was 92 or 93 that they stopped using the vac disc. Just look under the jeep for one without it.

I believe it was 92 or 93 that they stopped using the vac disc. Just look under the jeep for one without it.
anything with the 242 Transfer case too.

i run a true trac front and like it.

save yourself the hassle and spend the extra $ on the ARB

I have a friend who had them send him two and they both didn't work. They refunded his money after 5 months of fighting with them. He still lost the money having them installed. I will never buy Ected!

save yourself the hassle and spend the extra $ on the ARB

I have a friend who had them send him two and they both didn't work. They refunded his money after 5 months of fighting with them. He still lost the money having them installed. I will never buy Ected!

Were they installed right? Auburn has been making gears and lockers for quite a while and put a lot of development into the ECTED I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here running them with out a single problem. He could have gotten a couple from a bad batch. :dunno:

well i already purchased the auburn. i hope i dont have problems. and thanks for the info about the non disco

maybe the question should be do you want a posi or a locker on your front end? if you want a posi, truetrac all the way they are stronger than ected and don't wear out.. if you want a locker, get one.. auburn says the ected will snap an axle shaft before it slips, but I've talked to lots of guys who've had them slip usually with a tire in the air. plus, they wear out.. if you ask me ected is really just auburn trying to breathe new life into their outdated cone-style clutch design - if want a real locker, find one. if you want a posi, truetrac.

Back