• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new guy question?

ridge_runnerxj

NAXJA Forum User
hey, my names chris i just joined the forum. i just ordered a 3 in. rusty lift. and im wondering if i can clear 32x11.50s? with some fender trimming of course. the reason is im in a wheel chair so i cant go big lift, like the good ole days. but i still want a good set of rubber. this is my first xj jeep i usually had trucks so im new at their capabilities so far im impressed with what the stock setup can do. ive flexed it out till only 2 tires were touching and was happy with the flexability but theirs always harder trails.

im in china right now receiveing stem cell treatments so maybe later if i get walking i can go big but i gotta be conservative. any help would be appricated.

31's will fit better, but with fender trimming will fit.

just for future refrence, when u post , please put year, model, and any more specs of ur vehicle u can.

Welcome Aboard.

I've run 32"s for a while now on my 96 with a 2" and 3" lift. You should be fine...especially with a little trimming and/or hammering.

good luck with the treatments.

Without a doubt you will need to trim though the backspacing of your wheels will make a difference. I have a Rusty's 4.5 lift and got more than that out of it and my 32"s rub a bit still with 3.5" backspacing

Also just remember that from rusty's you will likely get more than the listed height out of the lift if it is a concern for you getting into the vehicle.

Stem cells & a wheel chair. Did you do a spinal fracture? I have broken my neck twice. I was paralized from the neck down for about 6 weeks. It took a year to learn how to walk again. It gives you a unique outlook on life. Hope things work out for you.

PM or email me. I would like to talk.

Tom Houston
[email protected]

Yes, you'll should definitely be able to with trimming.
I fit 33's on a 2.75" lift easily, although I've trimmed a considerable amount.

Last edited:
yeah, thanks guys. yeah i snapped my c-5 vertabre in a truck roll over 2 years ago. and im selling a turbo nissan 240sx, show/race car to start paying for my surgery and buiding my first xj. i've had 4x4's before but not since my injury i was scared of them. but not im done drag racing, drifting and all that. i put my hand controls on my jeep instead. i just ordered a rustys 3in lift, and a set of 32x11.50 tsl/sx swampers on 15x8 black crawler rims. with 3.75" back spacing. we'll see what happens after the plasma cutter hits the fenders!

sounds like a plan.
fight.gif

hey bud, i had a rustys 4.5" with 32x11.50 m/t on 15x8's and the only time i ever rubbed on road was when i turned as far as it would go and when i was off-road it would rub when i was turning and flexing. so by trimming it out you will do just fine. i hope everythin goes well and good luck!

just incase you're not aware of it, be carefull trimming the rear. you don't want to cut past the spot welds, or your wheel well will seperate. most people cut to just before the welds, and then make vertical cuts between the welds and hammer the rest over.

hope surgery goes well and happy wheeling.

i have the rustys 3" and lemme tell u 32s even with trimming are going to rub...i have 31" truXus and they rubbed bad...what CRusty doesnt tell u is that ur front coils are 3" and the rear leaf packs are 3.5"..BUT the leafs when intalled are like 4" and the coils are pretty much just 3"...u will have a notcable rake and the front is going to rub even at normal big turns (not even fully cut) and that was with my 31s! heres what i cut.... sorry for the big pic and also the Flastara Cruiser in the background but its my only level pic...i know its nothing compared to the cutting some of these guys do but its what i had to do to stop rub the fender flare can go back on but i cut some of the bottom of it off along with the front end cap

I have a set of 3/4" RE coil spacers that will raise the front up that i was going to install but went with new 4.5"coils instead..if ud like them PM me and i can send them to u cheap since they are like 32 dollars new:D

but good luck to u however u do it and i hope ur doing better:roll:

Sent you an email a little bit ago, but looks like someone already posted my bumpstop article link.

Which Oak Ridge, MO are you from? Looks like there are four of them in Missouri. Sorry OT.

Back