• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10 ply E load rated 265x75x16 BFG KM2

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I have 265s BFG All Terains on at the moment. I really want to stay with this size but I am not sure about the E load rating that all 265 except maybe the Maxis Bighorn are. I know that normally E load rated tyres are to stiff for a Jeep. I am wondering just how acceptable they would be let down to say 24psi on the road. The vehicle is a daily driver and 32s are technically illegal here in Oz and I really want to stay with a skinny looking tire. I know there is the 33x10.5x15 but I think the high side wall may be a bit gooey on the road. I really would like to stay with a 10.5" wide tyre.

Well.... what better tire would you like other than BFGs? They are sanctioned by JeepSpeed. Road pressure should be kept at the advised pressure as described by the manufacturer of the vehicle. Other than that, I have seen BFGs pressured down to 10 PSI for the trail without Bead Locks. Sure, most every thing I have seen are not A/Ts on the trail.

I believe you must decide... do you wish to go with M/Ts or A/Ts. I live in Florida where it is always hot. Maybe not as hot as the dessert at times but hot enough. Most Jeeepers here go with 33x10.50s or 33x12.50s. Seeing that JeepSpeed races over dessert terrain, I see no problem going with BFGs.

Back