• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Leak

flyingbrick

NAXJA Forum User
Recently swaped exhaust manifolds and now i have a fuel leak on my Renix. Fuel seems to be pooling under the vacuum actuator thing at the end of the fuel rail(closest to the grill). Taking a second look though, it looks as if the injector was not all the way in the seat, so i loosened the rail and pushed it in as hard as i could but it didnt get any better. Suggestions?

Are those your OEM injectors? The kind with the two-piece body--plastic and metal? If so it is probably the injector body leaking, and will result in a rather spectacular XJ meltdown.

You can replace those injectors with Ford (Bosch) orange-top 19 lb. injectors, found in 3.8 L and larger cars, pickups, and vans. Grab some at the salvage yard.

I highly recommend you don't drive your XJ until it is fixed, that fuel dripping down on the hot exhaust manifold will ruin your day.

that thing i believe from your description is the fuel pressure regulator, and also did you check the o ring at the quick disco fitting at the fuel pressure reg and at that injector? also the injectors from what ive read are a 2 peice design and can fail after 20 years if original equipment. for that very reason ive been pricing ford #19 injectors on ebay the last few days

I havent owned my XJ for the life, but i would assume that they are OEM and most likely original. Its not a Horrible leak, it just smells like gas when i open the hood but the warning has been noted and it will see a lot less driving. So there is really no way that it can be that under the compression stroke some fuel is being forced out? Ok next time i hit up a yard, i'll see what they have for me in terms of injectors. Thanks guys

Intake valve is closed during compression stroke and injector fires into the intake, not the cylinder, so no it is not being forced out by compression stroke. And please don't be too cavalier with a "little" gas. This needs to be a mandatory immediate repair.

People have gotten super deals on used ones that have even been flushed and tested on ebay. Sorry to ask you to search the forum a little, but I haven't changed mine out yet. Probably info on o rings too (cheap).

this the guy i need?
330d_1.JPG[IMG]

The best deal would be at a upull salvage yard, some have posted here getting a set of eight for $5-$20.

You can get a set of eight, cleaned, tested, flow matched, off of eBay for under $100 and with new seals with a warranty. The seller I got mine from is lucky7autoinjectors, he ships USPS priority mail, had mine Florida to Oregon in three days.

Back