• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Product Review:Rugged Ridge Track Bar and Bracket

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I haven't seen any other write-ups on this so I thought I'd whip a fast one out. I decided to try out Rugged Ridge's track bar and bracket. It looks very similar to Rockkrawler's and was almost $50 less. Here's the stock photo...

RuggedRidgeTrackBarStockPhoto.jpg

and here it is next to my old RE1600 and stock bracket

GreenyDoorless5282009003.jpg

Rugged Ridge's bars are made of 1.25" OD Tubing with a .25" wall thickness and they claim the bars/brackets are good for a 2"~6" lift. I got mine for $147.35+$21.99 shipping from TheUsedJeepCom aka oconeeoff-road on eBay. That was the best price I could find on it.

I am overall very pleased with it. I just got it installed last night but drove my Jeep around all day today, it made no abnormal noises (I sometimes got a popping from the 1600 in the stock bracket) and felt quite solid. I would like to point out that even at a 6" lift, I have it adjusted all the way in, and I'm not honestly sure what that means. I would say maybe this is overkill for anything under a 4.5" or maybe under 4.5" you wouldn't need the bracket, just the bar? I'm not real sure, but I would think it would be fine up to around 7.5" or so. Please feel free to shoot me a pm or respond with any questions.
-Collin

How are the angles?Pics of it "on" the Jeep!

I've been thinking about getting this, what do you think of it sentce you've had it on? Any problems?

I only have a 3'' lift on, could/should I drill a new hole on the bracket to make it fit better?

Did you feel like you might have any problems with DW?

I've had my Rugged Ridge Track Bar on my XJ with 6.5" of lift for over a year now and have not had a problem with it at all. It has served its purpose well.

Back