• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trying to find a truss thread....

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
YES i searched, the search feature on this site is crap (everything else is good tho =]) and i didnt come up with anything so.....
im looking for a thread that had a picture of an axle truss where the part of the truss that went over the pumpkin had a flange that slipped over the diff cover, then the bolts went thru the truss, then thru the cover and then finally into the housing. anyone have pics of this? or a link to that thread? TIA

bump, this is important lol

not sure what thread you are referring to, but here is a pic I saved a while ago of an 8.8 truss someone built:
fordrear2.jpg

^^Thats a sweet set-up!

I think the OP is referring to a truss that runs over the axle and ties into the diff cover via a bracket to reduce ring gear deflection.

I will be building this kind of a set up on my new axles soon.

A whole 37 minutes before a bump? Wow...

Are you looking for something like this?
Rear_Truss_Mockup.jpg

There are more than a few companies that make them depending on what axle you have. Mine above is from BTF.
There are also more than a few threads on the topic, not sure which one you are looking for.

i just trussed my dana 44 but didn't make the cover bolt to the truss
DSCN0564.jpg

thanks guys, i appreciate the help. RCman, thats what i was lookin for

Back