• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Hard 4x4 Bumper, with pics

hippymill

NAXJA Forum User
Seen a few questions about this bumper. Finally got mine installed. hardest part was the fender trimming. still need to get some bolts to mount my lights, but the rest is done. It's really beefy, and the d-ring tabs and the receiver go all the way through the tubing that provides the backbone of the bumper. Wish it had some provisions for lights(I had to fab brackets, and I am going to use the holes for the RH4x4 winch mount that I am not using). I plan to use a receiver mount for that. also installed a detours rear bumper, but there are lots of posts about that bumper already. For the price, this is a really stout bumper. here are some pics:

Last edited:
Bumper looks good... I've never heard of the company, are they an ebay job?

Not much of a mounting system either!

Yea it looks good but the mounts are crap! All that Beef to look at and then tin cans for mounts. What did it cost

not much of a mounting system???? looks good to me...it got rid of the 2 front bolts that are welded from the factory. The steel looks as least 3/16" and its welded to the bumper ( from what i can see ) what else can you ask for? what does yours look like and what makes it so much better?

bumper was $379 and shipping. I looked at the rigidco bumper, but didn't want to wait until next year for my bumper, plus I'm not planning on uprooting trees with my bumper-rigidco's mount is superior, but a little overkill for me. for the cost this is a great bumper, and I like how it follows the body lines. I still gained like a foot of clearance in the front. never have much cared for the "wing" shape of a lot of the bumpers out there. I do plan to add reinforcement plates on the inside of the unibody rails to help strengthen the mount. the steel will only cost a few bucks, and I can mark and drill for the mounts. lighthouse jim: I love the mtx's. they have great traction in snow, and they've worked great on rocky trails so far. some guys have complained about excessive wear, but mine have been holding up great. I don't do a lot of highway miles, so that might make a difference too.

Dont listen to most of these guys, they have thousand dollar bumpers but live in a trailer park. Great job, looks great, works, RIGHT?

Yeah, I gotta agree on this one. All that work into a "beefy" looking bumper with shackle mounts and then welded to those puny frame brackets. The brackets almost look like 1/8" thick...... then simply welded one way to a piece of box steel that doesn't look much thicker than the brackets.

It's a good looking bumper for what it is and certainly stronger than the factory one, but I wouldn't put much faith in it's recovery abilities.

Sorry - my .02

You know when looking for a bumper I must have looked at almost every brand out there and at the end I decided to go with T&T Customs. It's a couple hundred $ more but you get a well-built bumper and mounting system. Also the reason I went with T&T was because I tried various times to contact Ridco with no success. I left various massages with home, work, and cell numbers but I guess they didn't want my business.

On another note the bumper looks good and it's better then the stock one.

I think the mounts are fine. Yeah, it might break if you're winchin up a 50ft sheer cliff while that otherone would hold for sure.

if it were my jeep...i wouldn't worry about it.:pirate1:

very nice look but I prefur my Rock Lizard Fab bumper. I would expect steering box bracing for all but $400 when most offer it at much lower prices. Again nice looking bumper, good idea to add bracing if you are going to winch with it.

Back