• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

motor and trans swap

XJwheeler95

NAXJA Forum User
i wonderin if anyone might no yy my transfer case linkage and crossmember wont line up the backround is i just swaped a 95 motor trans and t-case(4.0,ax15and,231)into my 89 which had a 4.0, aw4 and231 in it now the problim is it seems to be back too far to line up by about 2 inchs so if anyone has ever run into this and could point me in the right direction ur advise would be much apreciated
alec

Mounting to the xmember? I think you need a tranny mount for an ax15. I'm more interested in other aspects of this swap. If you're converting this engine to Renix, you'll need a Renix flywheel for the trans, and you need to rig something up regarding the NSS - as it won't start unless it thinks it's in park, and backup lights won't come on. The TC linkage is different too.

no i no im using a crossmember and trans mount from the standard and i no id it was a auto i would have to fool the nss but i swaped my whole wiring harness to the 89 but my real problim is that the linkage for the tcase wont line up between the trans tunnel and tcase mount but ur info is much appreciated but if any one else knows what itt might ur input would be very welcome
alec

yes the problem is the ax 15 and the ba-10 are different lenths, you need the bracket that bolts in the underside of the tranny tunnel. one has the little pivot ball in the middle of the bracket, and one is at the back, gave me a hell of a time trying to pry it in there till i figured that one out

Back