• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build Sheet Codes

1985xjlaredo

NAXJA Forum User
We should start a sticky with what the codes mean on the build sheets. I just got mine for my 88 and it doesn't have any of the descriptions next to the codes. I would scan it and post the pic but I don't know if that is legal.
Does anyone know any of the codes or have a 88 build sheet with the descriptions for codes on it?
!!!1
Edit: I found this page but it does not have any of the codes listed on my build sheet. Looks like maybe these are newer codes.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=911678&highlight=Build+SHeet

Last edited:
I think that is a great idea. I will do a little research and see what I can find. I have a dealer service manual that might have them in it.

that wont work too well because chrysler re-used a lot of the build codes on the newer jeeps. for instance, i recieved my build sheet about a year ago and it had a lot of misinformation, it said i had a V6 engine and lots of other options that never came with an XJ.

Yes alot of misinformation is to be found when your looking at a 88 and you have the code descriptions for a 2001. But out of all of us we must have some old build sheets around where we can come up with some of the correct codes.

Back